lørdag 5. august 2017

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)


'Halloween 4' from 1988 is widely regarded as a shitty movie, but personally I beg to differ. Is it flawed? Yes, very much so, but that doesn't stop it from being a pretty damn good flick just the same.

Unlike most other horror movies, 'Halloween 4' actually features several likable characters, and I really wanted to see them to pull through. The movie also shows of some fine acting. Donald Pleasence as Dr. Loomis is always great. I really felt for his character at the same time as he's a pretty badass old dude. Another great one is Danielle Harris who plays Jamie Loyd. Child actors often tend to be rather bad, but I thought she was just magnificen and I rooted for her the whole time.

The movie got several great individual scenes. I loved the opening credits where they showed images from a bleak farmland with traditional halloween decorations. There was just something eerie and unsetteling about it and sat the tone perfectly. Another great one was when Dr. Loomis had his encounter with the whiskey drinking reverend who gave him a ride and talked about batteling evil. The best scene for me was however the ending. I won't spoil it, but it really gave me the chills, and was both tragic and disturbing at the same time.

All in all I think 'Halloween 4' doesn't deserve the bad reputation it has acquired. Sure it got its more silly moments that doesn't make sense, but I'm perfectly willing to look past them and enjoy the movie as a whole. It managed to drag me into the story and keep med there most of the time. I would encourage people to check it out if they haven't already, or to give it a second watch if they didn't like it the first time.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Halloween (1978)

The first time I saw John Carpenter's 'Halloween' was well over ten years ago. I had heard so much about it, especially fro...