fredag 4. august 2017

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (1973)


Sam Peckinpah was a true master of cinema and especially the western genre. 'Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid' from 1973 is probably the Peckinpah movie that I find myself going back to the most. I find it incredibly beautiful. The way it is shot is absolutely stunning and there are so many memorable scenes. The whole atmosphere in the movie is wonderful and it's like you can taste the whiskey and smell the gunsmoke. The music by Bob Dylan (who also plays a part in the movie) is amazing and adds so much depth to the scenes.

The movie is rather slow, which I like, but it might drag a bit for some viewers. It really takes its time to build up the story and present the characters. I freakin love both James Coburn and Kris Kristofferson, and they got a great chemistry playing two friends on different sides of the law.

I think 'Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid' might be somewhat overshadowed by 'The Wild Buch', which of course is another Peckinpah masterpiece. Do however not hesitate to check this one out if you are a fan of the western genre.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Halloween (1978)

The first time I saw John Carpenter's 'Halloween' was well over ten years ago. I had heard so much about it, especially fro...